When you embark on the journey of a move, whether it's from a rental to your first home, from rental to rental or home to home, you have to change a lot of things. One of the first is your
Changing your address
Dated: October 25 2020
When you embark on the journey of a move, whether it's from a rental to your first home, from rental to rental or home to home, you have to change a lot of things. One of the first is your address, on a lot of things. As a local Realtor who loves Guelph enough to use www.loveguelph.ca as my website, I can help you with a lot of the changes needed within Guelph. If this list is missing something you require, reach out to me and I'll gladly help you source the resource you are looking for.
Making address changes online is a huge timesaver. you can easily change your banking, bills and various other online accounts while sitting at your computer any time of day or night. Here are some easy links to follow, along with phone numbers in case you require an actual phone call.
Banks and Trust Companies
- Scotiabank - www.scotiabank.ca or 1-800-472-6842
- CIBC - www.cibc.com or 1-800-465-2422
- Royal Bank - www.rbcroyalbank.com or 1-800-769-2511
- Canada Trust - www.TDCanadaTrust.com or 1-866-222-3456
- Bank of Montreal - www.bmo.com or 1-844-837-9228
- Guelph Hydro www.guelphhydro.com or 519-822-3010
- Union Gas www.uniongas.com or 1-877-969-0999
- Rogers (Mobile, Cable, Internet, Phone) www.rogers.com or 1-877-559-5202
- Bell (Cable, Internet, Phone) www.bell.ca or 1-866-310-2355
- Bell (Mobile) www.bell.ca 1-800-667-0123
- Teksavvy (Internet) www.teksavvy.com or 1-877-779-1575
Drivers License and Health Card
- Hopefully you will have spoken with your insurance company as part of your planned move and this will all be set up over the phone. Call your local Insurance agent or Broker and have a discussion with them as soon as you've finalized your purchase and/or sale. They will provide guidance about when to cancel policies and start new ones, as well as changes in coverage.
- If you don't have an insurance agent, I deal with Julia White and Associates. Formerly a Guelph resident and has always taken great care of me.
- This is another one of the people you will have spoken to throughout the process. If you are looking for a mortgage, I always recommend you speak with your own bank, as well as a mortgage broker or two. For most circumstances i recommend either my own mortgage broker Crisalee Cathcart at Paul Gazzola's Office or another person I know will take good care of you, Nancy Ingram at Dominion Lending Centre.
- CAA - www.caasco
Michael Bennett knows Guelph as well as he knows his own backyard. In fact, you could say that this city IS Michael’s backyard. Born and raised here, Michael has developed a passion for Guelph, its ....
Latest Blog Posts
Recently, while viewing our daily "Hotsheet" of new listings, I succumbed to an occupational hazard of Realtors everywhere and decided I wanted to go look at a new place for myself. In all of